Tuesday, April 24, 2012

No Wind

Another day on glassy seas...motoring @ 4.7 knots and apparent wind is 1 knot.  So, it must be following us.
I downloaded a GRIB file and notice that the winds should be on our rear after San Diego.

Today we sliced up the apples, and made applesauce.  No cinnamon, but we do have turbinado sugar.  Should be good if I don't scorch it :-)

Tom made spaghetti last night and steamed some cabbage and carrots.  I will post a picture of that when I get home.  Seems my laptop is toast until I get there.

Meanwhile, not to much to report other than we should pass Ensenada tonight and come into San Diego tomorrow.  Hopefully in the AM...even though the harbor is lit well and marked...hate to come in at night.

Yesterday, I hoisted the Genoa and picked us up to 5-6 knots for 3-4 hours, then lost the wind and lowered it.  We had a hitch hiker, a morning Dove..she rested for the time we sailed, but left us when I lowered the Genoa.  Hope she made it back to land.

Current position is:  30 deg 9.8615 N and 116 deg 7.4222 W....heading is 337 T.  Should arrive in San Diego on the 24th.

Cheers...Skipper of the s/v Noe Mar

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home