Tuesday, March 27, 2012

RO water maker

So far I have spent 3 days trying to figure out the problem with the RO water maker...and here was what happened...most due to lake of running it...so all of you out there, use yours.
1) all pre filters were dirty...so new ones went in.
2) The pre pump (40 psi) delivery pump was leaking...bought a new one that put out 5.2 gal/min vs 4.3...picture attached.
3) air leak...cleaned the thru hull with a firm wire...used a marine grade cromax wire...because the stick with a metal washer on it that Bill the Water maker guy uses, would not fit. Next...he came down and we did the following:
a) replaced all metal hose fittings with new plastic...you can see the metal ones. They were corroded and leaked.
b) by passed the low pressure switch...not needed if you pay attention to the unit.

All that sounds simple...but I spent hours and hours working on it...and thanks for Bill on the 45 Hunter for his help...and Bill of Ocean Quest check out his web site http://www.mvoceanquest.com/ (water maker guy) that gave me all new 20 micron and 5 micron pre filters and lots of great advice...since he has been doing that for 20+ years. Go on line and google Bill on Ocean Quest...big Norwegian trawler that is a true beauty.


Post a Comment

<< Home