Monday, September 19, 2005

Time to set Sail 18 Sept. 2005

We made it through the Straight of Juan de Fucia OK...but no wind. We got> wind for a few hours when I was on watch (3AM) but we lost it.> Unfortunately we are consuming fuel. Currently we are off the coast of> Washingto @ 48 N and 125.24 W. Steve saw a pod of dolphins...plus a huge cruise ship. I saw another cruise ship later last night. Amazing amount of lights lit. I feel a little sea sick...but haven't tossed up my cookies yet. Not sure I have the airies wind vane set right...but who knows, we rarely have enough wind.If anyone wishes to e-mail us use the "Whiskey Delta Charlie" number, so I can see if it works :) Besides it is free.Noe Mar is ship shape...few things happened...like a shakle came louse (Mizzen) and I replaced it...a leak appeared in the V berth and hopefully I have fixed it with "5200". Lots of food but we are not thrilled about cooking in this rolly sea. Apparently I do not have tea (green tea is NOT tea) but perhaps I can add some honey to the green stuff and survive until port. Which by the way, could be Newport, OR if we continue to have to motor sail. Miss everyone and had a great send off at the AJAX (as I said before). Wish us more wind...OK? Skipper Ken & Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home